Pen Care Instructions
Fountain Pen Care
- Higdon Writing Instruments are constructed from finest wood and like anything created from natural materials, must be properly cared for.
- Do not expose to extreme temperatures or moisture. Do not leave your pen in a car.
- Higdon Writing Instruments have a durable finish that with proper use and care will retain their beauty. Do not use any cleaners or solvents that may damage the finish. A light wax designed for wood is fine to restore luster.
- To replace cartridges unscrew assembly carefully and pull apart. The type of replacement cartridge for your pen is listed with your limited edition number.
- If your pen is a twist pen, please be advised to retain the spring around the top portion of the pen cartridge as you will need this for the new cartridge.
- If your pen has a removable cap, when replacing cap place lightly on body and turn carefully to assure threads are aligned properly.
- Higdon Writing Instruments fountain pens should be cared for like any other fine fountain pen.
- Periodically flushing nib with cool water will help keep dried ink from interfering with ink flow. Do not use hot water or solvents to clean nib.
- Only use inks designed especially for fountain pens.
- When choosing to soak the nib in cool water for cleaning, remove nib assembly from pen. Do not soak any other part of the pen as it will cause damage.
- Do not press too firmly when writing as this will damage nib.
- Your fountain pen nibs will adjust to your style of writing, so do not share your pen with others, especially someone opposite-handed from you.